Wednesday, March 5, 2008

One year shots



This was a tramatic day for me. For those who dont know, I have made my mom, cousin Steph, and friends take her to her past shots so I could be the hero. Today I had to hold my princess down and let two nurses stab her in each leg! I could not sleep the night before. All of this led to her crying more because I was holding her and when the doctor checked her heart rate! She didnt even cry for the shots and fell asleep in the car right after. All of you moms that said that it is not that bad were right. I guess you guys do know something. hehe

4 comments:

Webster Family said...

Okay, so I know how hard it is to go to the doctors appt. when you know your child is having shots so here is what I do....take a sucker. I did it with my girls when I got their ears pierced and it worked like a charm. The doc may not see it as a "healthy alternative" but I say if it keeps them from realizing what is going on and they are happy.... who cares what the doctor thinks!

THE ROGERS FAMILY said...

Glad you and her for that matter made it through it. It really isn't that bad considering they forget about it in a matter of minutes!

amber said...

Everett got his four month shots today, I never thought to ask my mom or bethany to take him, hmm maybe next time.

Bethany said...

I don't mean to scare you, but Roman did not do good with his 15 month shots. He did fine with the others, but at his 15 he slapped one of the syringes out of the nurses hand and I swore it was going to stab her in the leg. It happened in slow motion...it barely missed her. It was so stressful. But I'm sure you little Ally will do just fine. She's tougher than Romie anyway :)