Tuesday, March 18, 2008

First hockey game

This is Paul, LeeAnne, Gracie, Alli and me.


While James was out of town last weekend our friends Paul and Donna invited Alli and I to a hockey game. It was tons of fun, and a little embarrassing. Alli was totally entertained for the first half then wanted to run around the second. So as to not annoy the fellow fans with the unruly child I took her to the top to let her run around and get a hot dog, cheetos and a coke. On the way up the stairs I had my head down watching her climb the stairs and block her from flying pucks. I was almost there when I heard a man say" You and your daughter have just won sweetheart of the game!" I looked up with a dumb face like who is talking to me? A camera man and the announcer guy were right in my face and handed me a dosen roses. This all sounds nice until I look behind me and my daughter and I's big mugs are on the big four sided tv that is in the middle of the ice.! Then he proceeds to ask me questions like "what is your name?" "Your daughters?" I dont know why but at the time the questions seemed so hard, I think I said my name was Alli and Alli's name JoAnne. I felt so stupid. At this time I picked up Alli and was trying to walk off, but when I picked her up the crowd went AHHHHH! ( she did look so cute that night.) I cant remember what he said next because as he stuck the microphone to my mouth Alli slapped it and my answer was jacked up from her smack. I snached up the roses and ran up the stairs.
Every time I see our friends now they make fun and call Alli and I "sweethearts". Ahhhh..

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

Oh my gosh, that is hilarious! I can definitely understand your embarrassment though. :)

And for sure give a call when you get back; we'd love to get together again!

Bethany said...

That's so funny. That would be a nightmare for me. My face would turn bright red and I would completely freeze. I'm sure you handled it well though.

Brandon and Melissa Brawley said...

Joanne! That is so silly that happened to you...actually stuff like that happens to you all the time :) :) Yep I finally am doing a blog. My life isn't that interesting right now so I don't have great postings but that's ok. Oh....maybe I should call you and tell you I am pregnant too...I think I will before you get this hopefully :) Your awsome!

THE ROGERS FAMILY said...

How adorable JoAnne! She really is so dang cute. I made some headbands like that for Susie and I just love them. They are a bit different than plain tights. Glad you are keeping busy and it was nice to chat with you yesterday! Love ya and Happy Easter!!!